Pedestrians should have the possibility of getting through the capital without obstacles. With many measures our policy contributes to strengthen the pedestrians compared to the motorised traffic participants.
More safety for pedestrians
It is our aim that pedestrians will get safely and easily through Berlin. By means of many instruments we make proper efforts to achieve this goal, with growing success: The number of accidents involving pedestrians is decreasing since years.
There are many different possibilities to improve pedestrian traffic by means of infrastructure improvements. Here are some examples for pedestrian-friendly locations within the twelve boroughs of Berlin:
- Wide pavements in Charlottenburg
- Nice places in Tempelhof-Schöneberg
- A boulevard in Marzahn-Hellersdorf
- Riverside paths in Spandau
- Concept of short routes in Neukölln
- Diagonal crossing in Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg
- Pedestrian crossing facilities in Pankow
- Special zebra crossing in Treptow-Köpenick
- Pedestrian zone in Reinickendorf
- Traffic calming in the Borough of Mitte
- Separated footways and bike paths in Steglitz-Zehlendorf
- Trams in Lichtenberg