- This presentation is focused on the different structure types (section types) in predominantly residential areas. They are defined by their stucture of development, open spaces and age of the buildings.
In all non-residential section types age and structure of construction are irrelevant. They do not have any characteristic appearance, but only a typical signature of use.
In Environmental Atlas maps 06.01 "Actual Use of Built-Up Areas" and 06.02 " Inventory of Green and Open Spaces" they are presented separately.
- Altogether, 62 section types were designated, and were assessed and represented on basis of the categories in the ISU records. The categories correspond to the statistical blocks, which were further subdivided, in cases of different use within a block, into uniform-use block segments.
- The section types - within their main categories - are arranged according to a decreasing percentage of sealed-up area. This gradation is represented by the shade of the colours. (See Environmental Atlas map 01.02. "Impervious Soil Coverage", edition 2007).
1 : 50 000
Senate Department for Urban Development
Special section communication
III F 1 Urban and Environmental Information System (ISU), Environmental Atlas
III F 1
Databases of the maps 06.01/02 of the editions 1995, 2002 and 2004 and 2007
- Aktualisierung der digitalen Grundkarte des Informationssystems Stadt und Umwelt (ISU5), Geoinfo - C.Nitzsche, im Auftrag der Senatsverwaltung für Stadtentwicklung, III F 1, 2006, 2007
- Blockänderungen des Statistischen Landesamtes 2002 - 2005
- Digitale Luftbilder (Orthophotos) 2004 und 2006, Senatsverwaltung für Stadtentwicklung, Abteilung III
III F 1 using the ISU Berlin,
Geoinfo - C. Nitzsche
Status of revision:
Based on the map:
Digital Bloc Map of Berlin 1 : 5.000 (ISU5), version 31.12.2005
This map is copyright protected. Reprinting or any other form of reproduction only with prior permission.
Revised edition 2008