Wilhelminenhofstraße 76-78, Köpenick; Kraftwerk und Kabelwerk Oberspree (power station and cable factory), begun in 1897 by Paul Tropp et.al.
Wilhelminenhofstraße 83-85, Köpenick; Deutsche Niles-Werkzeugmaschinen-Fabrik (machine-tool factory) (AEG-TRO), 1899 by Paul Tropp, around 1915, 1928 by Ernst Ziesel and around 1940
Ostendstraße 1-4, Köpenick; Nationale Automobil-Gesellschaft, Industrieanlage (industrial complex), Hochbauten und Doppelhalle (high-rise structures and duplex), 1913-17 by Peter Behrens
By 1895, AEG had already begun constructing a long string of industrial installations in the southeast of Berlin, far on the outskirts of the city between the Upper Spree and what is today Wilhelminenhofstrasse. The district of Köpenick is characterized by their yellow brick façades to this day.
From 1895-96, AEG constructed the first three-phase electrical power plant in Germany. Important stages in power engineering innovations were initiated in this plant, which was expanded and modernized several times before its closure in 1910.
The older section of the Kabelwerk Oberspree was developed from 1897-1900 on Wilhelminenhofstrasse, and consisted of a five-bay industrial block and several multi-story structures. An automobile manufacturing plant was constructed between 1903 and 1905. The earlier principle of lining up independent, closed structures was abandoned when assembly line production was introduced; industrial halls and multi-story structures were built from 1915 to 1930. Three decades of industrial architecture are collected on the grounds of the cable works complex, erected by renowned AEG architects such as Paul Tropp, Johannes Kraatz, Klemm, Peter Behrens and Ernst Ziesel. This is particularly apparent in the triple-bay workshop building constructed by Klemm in 1899-1900 and then expanded by Ernst Ziesel and Gerhard Mensch to accommodate two new bay structures for the copper rolling-mill in 1928.
The plant constructed for the Deutsche-Niles-Werkzeug-Maschinen-Fabrik starting in 1899 on Wilhelminenstrasse is characterized by the large assembly structure on the street side built from 1915-16. Peter Behrens' example is apparent in the structure's form and in the segmentation of its façade. On the same lot, Ernst Ziesel erected the cube of the large AEG transformer building in the form of a triple-hinged steel frame structure on Edisonstrasse in 1928. This building was constructed for AEG, which took over the plant in 1920.
The imposing block of buildings of the automobile manufacturing plant, constructed by Peter Behrens from 1915 to 1917 for the AEG-owned Nationale Automobil Gesellschaft (NAG), rises above Ostendstrasse. Five-story wings for offices and the factory, capped with a prominent high tower on the corner of Wilhelminenhofstrasse, form a horseshoe around a double-bay assembly structure.